Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend--I'm STUFFED!

Hey Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! We spent the whole weekend celebrating! Starting on Saturday, we went to visit our families..We had dinner at my Mother-in-law's house. This was my appetizer plate: hummus, olives, broccoli and cauliflower.For dinner, we started with a salad.Then had my Mother-in-law's delicious vegan, gluten free eggplant no-parm (made with Daiya) and some gluten free pasta with broccoli rabe. She also made regular versions, but she is a vegan and eats mostly gluten free and my Bestie-sis-in-law recently found out she has celiac, so she has to eat gluten free as well. For dessert, T and I brought gluten free peanut butter chocolate cupcakes from Papa Ganache.  Papa Ganache recently won Food Network's Cupcake Wars!T had told my Mother-in-law how much I wanted to try Coracao's Raw Chocolates..So this was what she surprised me with! WOW! How lucky am I?On Sunday, T said we could go anywhere I wanted, I chose Quintessence, my favorite raw food restaurant! I started with a STRONG green juice, T had a Keffir Lime Shake that was amazing! Little A drank most of it! Speaking of Little A, we got her a fruit plate with "yogurt", she enjoyed this, but was pretty full from the shake.T had their strawberry banana crepe. I tasted this and WOW! Delicious!I went with my favorite, their All American "Burger", this time on grain free bread. I also had a side of corn chips, salad and coleslaw. Mmm! So good! I crave this "burger!" As if we weren't stuffed enough, T found Tu-Lu's, a gluten free bakery that has vegan items..Little A and I shared a gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookie. Probably one of the best gluten free cookies I have ever had. It was soft and chewy, not stale tasting like some gluten free baked goods tend to be.We also stopped at "Live-Live" where I grabbed some raw goodies: Jana's Sweet Strawberry Oat Jam Cookies, Rayo De Sol Rye Bread, and some Dr. Cow Tree Nut Cheese. These gluten free vegan cupcakes we brought home for dessert! ;)  Not sure how hungry I'll be for dinner, but I will be enjoying one of these! He he!(I wrote this post before dinner yesterday)I'll be back soon!Have a great day!
Source:http://gingeristhenewpink.blogspot.com/2013/05/mothers-day-weekend-im-stuffed.html

Mother's Day Weekend--I'm STUFFED! Images

Trisha Brink Design: A Moms' Random Ponderings...
(1600 x 1000 - 240.06 KB - jpeg)

Mother’s Day Thoughts & May Desktop Wallpaper
(448 x 626 - 75.37 KB - jpeg)

martha stewart and mother’s day «
(612 x 612 - 103.62 KB - jpeg)

oh my.....sounds awful! Love ya.....nj
(289 x 274 - 24.09 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment