Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lately.

Inspiration PlaquesLately its been about Linden, and school, and tea, and books, and rain and soup.I've been enoying the sense of peace I've found in being at home this past month. My general need to move has been sated by the knowledge that I will be visiting the States just now. Instead that need to move has been replaced with this new need to dig in and stay still for awhile.Olympics EventsLately I've been enjoying the company of my students, and the nursery school kids who visit the literacy room in the afternoon. I've been trying to figure out how to teach the 'th' sound, and how to properly pronounce Pittman's. I've been having an amazing time at Linden Care helping with Wendy's Memory Project and spending afternoons laughing so hard my head hurts. I've been getting alternating bouts of inspiration and resignation thinking about what I'll need to run a camp this summer-there has been a lot of list making.Lately I've been thinking a lot about habits and home. I've been trying to create better habits for myself-eating healthier, exercising more, plugging in less. I've been writing and thinking about the places and persons that I call, and have called, home. I've spent a lot of time trying to understand how it can be that when I talk about my impending trip to the States I say I am "going home" and when I discuss when I will be returning to Guyana I say "coming home". Lately I've realized that the past few months I've been telling people I'm 23. I really thought I was but I guess that hasn't happened yet...oops.Olympic Team...Go Eagles!Soon I will be back in America visiting my friends and family for the first time in over a year. I've been doing my best not to obsessively plan, but there may be a list or five of things I want to do(aka eat), people I need to see, and places I want to go. I've been feeling a little anxious about leaving my community for so long, which was unexpected. I've been anxiously, excitedly, neurotically counting down the days, and thanking my lucky stars for the people in my life who are making this happen, which seems much more normal. I've only got 18 more days to get life here ready for a brief pause, and myself ready for a much needed vacation. See some of you very soon! 
Source:http://lorenguerin.blogspot.com/2013/05/lately.html

Lately. Images

MyFunCards | What Have You Done Lately - Send Free Love & Dating ...
(550 x 400 - 40.23 KB - jpeg)

Chuy, Chelsea Lately
(293 x 473 - 47.45 KB - jpeg)

Miley Cyrus, Chelsea Lately
(560 x 415 - 112.84 KB - jpeg)

... and entertainment news in her half-hour series, “Chelsea Lately
(347 x 300 - 40.73 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment